Shasta County Mutual Aid is a secular group. We do not believe that aid should be tied to religious affiliation, because we believe that everyone should feel welcome and celebrated as they are with no expectations. We will make sure to note which of the organizations that we list on this page are religiously affiliated. We will try to avoid listings from organizations or groups with a history of attaching aid to a religious agenda or moral judgements.
We are open to feedback. If you have something you would like us to know please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be added to our local giving circle spreadsheet send us an email or call us. On the spreadsheet you can list any immediate needs that you have and how best people can support you. We will share as widely as possible within the community and highlight your needs in order to bring in community support as available. Check out the spreadsheet here.
- Women’s March Redding donation driveDate: Saturday, January 23, 2021 Time: 10am – 12pm Location: Union Hall, 900 Locust St. Redding, Ca Details: Drive through donation drive put on by Women’s March Redding in support of Shasta Mutual Aid. We will have some folks directing you through the donation center. Please remain in your car with your mask on andContinue reading “Women’s March Redding donation drive”
- Free Community Store and Donation Drop-offDate: Every Saturday until further notice Time: 10am – 1pm Location: Martin Luther King Jr. Park, Redding CA, 96001 Details: Come by for food, cleaning supplies, & other household items. Free and available to all with no questions asked. We will also still be collecting donations so stop by and drop off any non-perishables, hygieneContinue reading “Free Community Store and Donation Drop-off”
- Women’s Health SpecialistsFree and low cost women’s health care and educationhttps://www.womenshealthspecialists.org/services/payment-and-insurance/ About: Women’s Health Specialists offer many educational and medical services to the community. From their website: “The philosophy of Women’s Health Specialists is to promote positive images of women and provide our clients with a new perspective on their bodies and health. We give women theContinue reading “Women’s Health Specialists”
- Free Family Laundry DayFree Family Laundry Day About: “The impact a single load of laundry can make on a family is measurable and it’s humbling to see the good it does for the community and the individuals. Our goal is to reach more people so that people feel loved, cared about and dignity is restored.” Needs: Donations, volunteers,Continue reading “Free Family Laundry Day”
- Food BankDignity Health Connected Living About: The designated Food Bank for Shasta County. “We provide food for our communities with distribution on-site at our Redding location or off-site at many locations around the county.” Needs: Food donations and volunteers Offering: Emergency food assistance; Surplus donated food; Senior brown bag program; Senior box program Contact: (530) 226-3071